- YOU MUST COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECK AND CONCUSSION TRAINING TO COACH IN OUR PROGRAM. See links below.
- Coach registration is required for EACH sport and for EACH season you intend to coach.
- This can also be done when you register your child as a sport participant.
- You will be asked what sport and age group you wish to coach.
- The coach registration collects basic information and puts you in the list to be considered for coaches.
- Background check is required every 3 years. If you completd a background check in 2016 or 2017, you do not need to do it for 2018.
- It only takes a few minutes to complete.
- They must be conducted through our third party provider. Background checks are not accepted through other sources. There is no charge to you.
- It has been our experience that the background checks cannot be done through mobile devices. If you have problems, please try at a computer or come to our office.
- Once you have submitted a background check, we reserve the right to re-submit it when it is due to be renewed or if have reason to believe a new issue has come up that would disqualify you from coaching. This is only applicable while you are registered as a coach for a current season.
- For Coaches under 18 years of age, you must complete the background check AND complete the following form which will require your parent's permission. Please print the form and mail it to PYAA, P.O. Box 32, Pickerington. Or you can email it to email@example.com. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- It is required every 3 years. If you did this training in 2016 or 2017, you do not need to complete it for 2018.
- Concussion training takes about 30 minutes.
- After clicking on this link you will see options for classes. Look for "Concussion in Sports" which will show as an Elective, free course. Click on that link.
- You will then have option to order the class. Click on "Order" which will guide you through a registration.
- When complete, please send certificate of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org (or bring a copy to our office.)
- If you did this training through another venue or though another organization, you can supply your certificate of completion as proof of completion. Email or bring it in.
THE BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED FOR ALL COACHES AND ASST COACHES.
For the background check: You will be required to enter your full legal name, address, SSN, birthdate, and driver's license number.
- The background check will be processed by third party Priority Research.
- PYAA will be notified of any person who has failed to pass, based on preselected criteria called disqualifiers. Disqualifiers include convictions or pending convictions or arrests for any of the following:
- crimes involving children
- Abuse or assault/battery
- Crime of sexual nature, including pornography
- Homicide or manslaughter
- Attempted murder
- Domestic violence
- Child neglect
- Felony drug crimes
- Animal Cruelty
- Theft and robbery
- Forgery and fraud
- Weapons Violation.
The Concussion Training is a state mandated requirement for all coaches and umpires of youth sports.
- You will be issued a certificate of completion when finished. Please save a copy of that certificate and email or send it to the PYAA office email@example.com, or provide it to your league director as instructed.
- Parents are welcome to perform this training also as it is a good resource concerning the health and safety of your child during sporting activities.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about these requirements or your current status for any of them.